When choosing to install AC in your home the cheaper option is to choose a Wall Mounted AC system as opposed to a ducted AC. Ducted AC has the benefit of having the vents hidden in the ceiling or floor boards. When installed by a professional such as www.impactairsolutions.com.au/ducted-air-conditioning you can achieve perfect air all year round. However ducted aircon is more expensive than a wall mounted unit. If budget is a concern to you then this article will help you find the best location for your new wall mounted AC.
Wall mounted air conditioners
Locating an indoor wall mounted AC always seems to be so confusing. Position of the split AC you have in your room matters a lot for many things like cooling. The positioning of the AC in your room can be tricky sometimes. The following mentioned are some of the details for you to help achieve the perfect installation of your split system AC.
- Locate the air conditioner unit away from the places from where it can be exposed to heat. Heat sources can harm the working of your air conditioner. A lot of appliances in your room can be a source of heat like kitchenware, and exposure to sunlight is also a source of heat. Locating the air conditioner somewhere near the heat sources can affect the cooling of the AC you have just bought.
- Locate your Air conditioner where nothing can cause an interruption to the airflow coming from the AC unit. This means that you shouldn’t locate the AC somewhere behind the door or the furniture as the interrupted airflow can impact the durability of your AC negatively.
- Locate your air conditioner at a proper height so that it doesn’t block the ways neither it is too high on the location that impacts the cooling temperature of the room. The located height of your AC should be about 7 feet from the ground level, especially when you have a split AC.
- You must try to locate your air conditioner away from any type of electrical appliances sp that the AC doesn’t start making unnecessary troubles.
- Always try installing your AC at the central position of your room. It’s better to keep the distance of 3-5 feet from the primary points too so that it can match with the size and the shape of the room the AC is installed in.
Place AC on the longer wall
This is a pro tip for you to consider while placing your AC in the living room. You should install the AC on a comparatively longer wall as it impacts the cooling level in the room in a positive way. Placing the air conditioner on a longer wall will let the air flow normally across all the walls.
Preferable AC locations
Usually, a room can have more than one opening, and in that case, the best place you can place a split AC unit is on a plain wall rather than on the walls having opportunities on them. If you have placed your AC on the walls having openings on them, this will let the AC consume more power, and yet your compressor needs to work more to increase the cooling levels in the room.
AC locations for long rooms
If you want to install your AC in a rectangular room that has the walls twice large than the average width, you should try placing the AC on a wall comparatively smaller partition of the room as it’s a better way to save the ample space of that particular room.
Furniture layout and AC placement
Usually, the AC is located on the central spaces of the living room rather than in the center of the wall. This is the best way to match your air conditioner’s placement with the furniture layout in your living room.